Monday, February 20, 2012

Antwone Fisher: a play

Ten years ago when the film Antwone Fisher hit the theaters, I never imagined how many lives my story would impact.  Writing my memoir, Finding Fish, opened the story to another audience and now, with Antwone Fisher: a play, I hope to bring the story to the theater world and open the door for a new dialogue about foster care, sexual and emotional abuse, The United States Navy and the human ability to overcome obstacles and prosper.

I've been developing the play at UCLA with the fine actors who are part of the graduate program in the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television.  These men and women are incredibly talented and hard working.  They have designed the set, the lighting, the costumes and the actors have worked so hard to
breathe life into the characters from my past.

A new and exciting staged autobiography of a volatile young sailor in the Navy confronting his dramatic past. Featuring Graduate Actors from the Department of Theater At 1340 Macgowan Hall Feb. 29-Mar. 3 and Mar. 14-17, 2012 at 8 p.m. Mar. 3 & 17, 2012 at 2 p.m.
Tickets: 310-825-2101 www.tickets.ucla.edu
Parking availible at structure 3 ($11).

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to attending!
    Sue Griffin, Pasadena, Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud, I know this is going to be beyond amazing! If you come to Chicago be sure to find me so we can do a media BLITZ. Best wishes friend. www.OmereyPublicRelations.com

    ReplyDelete