Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Needing Inspiration

Usually, I am working on more than one project at a time with the hope that at least one of the projects might get produced.  Currently, I am writing something that I think is really good, but it's the kind of story you can't pitch because far too often, people can't see the vision of the story unless it's already written.  Fair enough, so I just keep writing.  I've hit a block in the road and I need a bit of inspiration.  When I have a hard time writing, I turn to many a muse, but today's inspiration comes from good writing.  I turned to the pages of James Baldwin, a master of description and character development, and I read his words and found my way.  Thank you, Mr. Baldwin and his compelling story, If Beale Street Could Talk.

1 comment:

  1. I just watched your movie tonight and was very inspired by your story...thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete